Francine is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Registered Play Therapist. She received her MSSW in Social Work from the University of Tennessee(Memphis) School of Work in 1990. She is a private practitioner and owner of Owens Family Counseling.
Francine has over 20 years experience in the social work field. She has held several positions conducting psychotherapy. Francine is highly knowledgeable and experienced working with children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. She also specializes in working with eating disorders. In addition, Francine is skilled at conducting various group therapies, including anger management.
She attends workshops and conferences regularly to continue her education and further her clinical training.
Francine enjoys baking pastries, cooking, taking nature strolls with her family, attending church, playing with her family dog, hosting family gathering, and reading.
- Pathways Behavioral Health (Jackson) Clinical Therapist working with individuals, families, and groups
- Geri-Servs, a division of Genesis of Jackson, Individual psychotherapy, group development agencies
- Conduct in-service training to staff on geriatric issues
- Tennessee Department of Human Services, Child and adult protective services, foster care, permanency planning, day care licensing, agency and independent adoptions
- Department of Human Services (Shelby County), Clinical services to severely involved children and adults
- Contract work with Tennessee PASARR and Tennessee Infant Parent Services (TIPS)
- Clinical supervision to bachelor level and master level students
BORAD MEMBERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
- Madison County Children's Services Adoption Advisory Council
- Jackson Eating Disorder Treatment Team
- Member of the Association For Play Therapy
- Union University Social Work Advisory Council
- Madison County Department of Human Services Child Review Team
SPECIAL ACCOMPLISHMENT AND AWARDS
- Rhonda O'Meara Public Welfare Award for superior record as a professional social work student and continuing support of public welfare goals and services
- Commissioner's Award for Excellence presented by the Governor